- All-new audio commentary with Director Philippe Mora and Jake Wilson, author of Australian Screen Classics: MAD DOG MORGAN
- Alternate audio commentary with Director Philippe Mora
- TO SHOOT A MAD DOG: Making MAD DOG MORGAN
- HOPPING MAD: Looking Back on MAD DOG MORGAN
- Extended interviews from NOT QUITE HOLLYWOOD: Philippe Mora, producer Jeremy Thomas, camera operator John Seale and cast members Jack Thompson, Roger Ward and Graeme Blundell
- MAD COUNTRY: SHOOTING LOCATIONS REVISITED with optional commentary
- Interview with Dennis Hopper by Philippe Mora
- Radio interview with Philippe Mora
- Image gallery
Set in gold rush-era Victoria, and based on a true story, this violent, rollicking portrayal of infamous Irish outlaw Dan Morgan, a bravura performance from an intense Dennis Hopper (Easy Rider, Apocalypse Now) is a classic of Australia's '70s cinema renaissance. A prospector who turns to crime and opium after failing at gold mining, Dan Morgan spends six brutal years in prison before terrorising country Victoria with a young Aboriginal, David Gulpilil (Walkabout, The Tracker). Having escaped into NSW, the bush ranger and his accomplice easily dodge the police and mercilessly intimidate the wealthy land owners but wracked by madness and a lust to avenge an earlier attack from an irate squatter, the notorious Mad Dog makes a perilous journey back into Victoria. Combining an all-star Australian cast, including Jack Thompson, Bill Hunter and John Hargreaves, with a brilliant Dennis Hopper who called the role one of his great life experiences - director Philippe Mora (Communion) creates one of the great period action dramas.
Director: Philippe Mora
Cast: Dennis Hopper, David Gulpilil, Jack Thompson, Bill Hunter, John Hargreaves
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.