- David Croneberg Introduction
- The Croneberg Challenge 2020 interview with Cinematographer Peter Suschitzky
- Mechanical Animals 2020 interview with Director Jeremy Thomas
- The Shore Thing 2020 interview with Composer Howard Shore
- License to Drive 2020 interview with Casting Director Deidre Bowen
- Original Electronic Press Kit
- Theatrical Trailer
The latest release and volume #14 for our Beyond Genres collection is the thriller Crash. The film is based on a novel by J.G. Ballard that goes by the same name. This Blu-ray release includes special features.
After getting into a serious car accident, a TV director discovers an underground sub-culture of scarred, omnisexual car-crash victims who use car accidents and the raw sexual energy they produce to try to rejuvenate his sex life with his wife. Crash is about the strange lure of the auto collision, provoking as it does the human fascination with death and the tendency to eroticize danger. Most motorists will slow down to stare at the scene of a collision they may feel their pulses quickening and become aware of the fragility of their own bodies. The characters of Crash carry this awareness a step further, cherishing and nurturing it. For them, a car collision is a sexual turn-on, and a jolting life force they come to crave.
Director: David Cronenberg
Cast: James Spader, Holly Hunter, Elias Koteas
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.