- To Shoot a Mad Dog: Making of Mad Dog Morgan documentary - 23 Mins
- Dennis Hopper interviewed by Philippe Mora - 30 Mins
- Audio Commentary by Director Philippe Mora
- Radio Interview from 1976. Philippe Mora talks about Mad Dog Morgan - 14 mins
- Mad Dog Morgan script PDF
- Mad Dog Morgan programme - PDF
- Stills Gallery
- Mad Dog Morgan Film Excerpts x 16
Set in gold rush-era Victoria, and based on a true story, this violent, rollicking portrayal of infamous Irish outlaw Dan Morgan, a bravura performance from an intense Dennis Hopper (Easy Rider, Apocalypse Now) is a classic of Australia's '70s cinema renaissance. A prospector who turns to crime and opium after failing at gold mining, Dan Morgan spends six brutal years in prison before terrorising country Victoria with a young Aboriginal, David Gulpilil (Walkabout, The Tracker). Having escaped into NSW, the bush ranger and his accomplice easily dodge the police and mercilessly intimidate the wealthy land owners but wracked by madness and a lust to avenge an earlier attack from an irate squatter, the notorious Mad Dog makes a perilous journey back into Victoria. Combining an all-star Australian cast, including Jack Thompson, Bill Hunter and John Hargreaves, with a brilliant Dennis Hopper who called the role one of his great life experiences - director Philippe Mora (Communion) creates one of the great period action dramas.
Director: Philippe Mora
Cast: Dennis Hopper, David Gulpilil, Jack Thompson, Bill Hunter, John Hargreaves
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.